Explore Our Industry Insight Reports and Company News
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Impact on Practice Management: Improving the Quality of Healthcare?December 24th, 2012
Industry Insights Volume 4: Issue 3
Our recent research on Electronic Health Records (EHR) has uncovered some unexpected trends associated with adoption, utility, and impact on practice management. While EHR platforms offer the promise of increasing efficiency and improving patient care, are physicians really utilizing EHR to achieve this goal? The answers may surprise you.
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Utility: Bridging the Application GapSeptember 24th, 2012
Industry Insights Volume 4: Issue 2
In the second part to our EHR series, we look at the utility of EHR systems and find that there is a large gap between the utility value of EHR platform between current users and future adopters. Among EHR users, applications that could improve patient standards of care are most valuable; not so among future EHR adopters.
Electronic Health Record (EHR) Adoption: A Closer LookJune 24th, 2012
Industry Insights Volume 4: Issue 1
Our research confirms that overall Electronic Health Records (EHR) adoption is on the rise, with 76% of surveyed physicians utilizing EHR platforms in their practices today. However, adoption varies widely both by specialty and practice type. This is the first in our four-part series on EHR and its affect on practices today.
How are Dental Practices Responding to Industry Changes?January 24th, 2012
Industry Insights 1st Quarter 2012
In November 2011, Olson Research surveyed 150 dental practices to gain insights into the makeup of their practice, the services they offered and the nature of their payment structure. Two-thirds (n=102) of the practices were solo practitioners while the remaining third (n=48) had more than one practicing dentist. Of the total, 79% considered their primary specialty as dentistry while the remaining 21% indicated something else as their primary specialty.
How Autonomous are Healthcare Practitioners in Making Treatment Decisions?December 24th, 2011
Industry Insights 4th Quarter 2011
In October 2011, Olson Research conducted teledepth interviews with US-based physicians to determine the extent to which treatment decisions by prescribers are made in the evolving healthcare environment. We wanted to explore whether treatment decisions are being made in a state of autonomy or are healthcare practitioners pressured to treat patients based upon protocols established and enforced by employers, insurers or other external sources.
Are Physicians Willing to Have Their Patient’s Medical Histories Monitored?June 24th, 2011
Industry Insights 2nd Quarter 2011
In June 2011, Olson Research surveyed more than 400 US-based primary care physicians to better understand their level of willingness in completing a medical history form for their patients and having this information included in a market research survey.
How Comfortable are Physicians with Having Their Digital Internet Behavior Monitored?March 24th, 2011
Industry Insights 1st Quarter 2011
In April 2011, Olson Research surveyed more than 400 US-based primary care physicians to better understand their level of willingness with having their digital internet behavior monitored.
Physician utilization of Electronic Medical records (EMr)December 24th, 2010
Industry Insights 4th Quarter 2010
In September 2010, using our internet-based tool OlsonOnline™ and proprietary healthcare database, Olson Research surveyed more than 800 US-based primary care physicians (46%), obstetrician/gynecologists (16%), pediatricians (15%), endocrinologists (9%), cardiologists (8%), and oncologists (6%) about how they use electronic medical records in their clinical practice.
Are You Utilizing The Best Methodologies?June 24th, 2009
Industry Insights 2nd Quarter 2009
In April 2009, using our internet-based tool OlsonOnline™ and proprietary healthcare database, Olson Research surveyed more than 500 US-based primary care physicians, oncologists, endocrinologists and rheumatologists about the types of market research studies that they have participated in over the past 12 months. We also gained insights
into how market researchers can make participating in these studies more enjoyable.
How Happy Are PCPs?March 24th, 2009
Industry Insights 1st Quarter 2009
In December 2008, using our internet-based tool OlsonOnline™ and proprietary healthcare database, Olson Research surveyed more than 400 US-based primary care physicians from both solo and group practice settings to better understand their attitudes and perceptions about direct patient care and the amount of time they spent with their patients.